I love and use this recipe alot from Sherri Griffin posted on October 22,2014
BAD BREATH BUSTING BISCUIT FOR YOUR DOG (GRAIN FREE)
My dog likes to eat horrible things like vomit. It’s so gross!!! He doesn’t care if it’s his own or the cat’s upchunkings but he wants it. BAD. Needless to say his breath is less than desirable at time.That’s why I created the Puppy Peppermint Bad Breathe Biscuits. They are even grain-free for your paleo or gluten sensitive pup and it helps to clean his teeth and freshen his breath. Not to mention he goes crazy over them!
Grain Free Bad Breath Busting Biscuits for your Dog
Makes about 1 dozen biscuits for large dogs or 2-3 dozen for small dogs.
Preheat the oven to 350 F
- 2 cups Coconut Flour (or gluten free mix flour works too)
- 1/2 cup Oats (gluten free)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (option– will help to preserve the biscuits)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon (do not use pumpkin pie spice because dogs do not tolerate nutmeg)
- Substitution: 1 drop cinnamon essential oil (http://oily.life/katscorneressentiallysimple)
- 2 Bananas
- 2 TBSP Peanut/Almond/Sunflower Seed butter (I used the Maple Sunflower Butter)
- 2 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 3 Eggs
- Peppermint Essential Oil (http://oily.life/katscorneressentiallysimple)
- Toy breeds: 3 drops
- Small dogs: 4 drops
- Medium dogs: 6 drops
- Large dogs: 8+ drops
Mix the dry ingredients (flour, oats and cinnamon spice) in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
In another bowl mix the bananas, nut butter, coconut oil and eggs until throughly incorporated. Add the essential oil and stir to combine.
Mix the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients until combined. The dough is a bit crumbly– this is fine and to be expected. You can add a bit more banana if you need to get it to hold together better.
Place the dough over floured wax paper and roll out until you get the height you want your dog biscuits to be– roughly 1/4 inch. Use a knife or a cookie cutter to cut the shapes you would like and place them on a cookie sheet. I used these Bone Cookie Cutters
Put the dog biscuits into the oven for 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of the cutouts). Place them on a cookie rack to cool and they will become even crispier.